emotional showers

Thank you Rob for putting me up to this...
After this whole post title started as a joke, I began to research emotional showers because I knew I had to write something. I learned that emotional showers are a serious thing that some spas have. They are proven to stimulate the senses, relax the body, and provide an overall strength. However, the color changing, aroma chambers are not exactly what I am writing about. Most everyone has seen the music videos or videos in general where people stand there and let the water rush over their face as they bawl their eyes out. Nevertheless, there is a whole different side to becoming emotional while showering. Last year, I was talking to some of my friends joking around about showers. One of my friends said that they liked to make the water scalding hot and just sit there and be angry at the world. Another friend said that she just stood there and forgot about all of her problems. I knew that showers were always more than just to clean your body, but I was unaware that the emotional aspect was so widespread. The shower is one place where you can have solitude and just listen to music or let your emotions out. There is a level of comfort that is achieved as you are the only person there. I was unaware of the benefits that taking a shower could have on your mood until I had surgery and couldn't take a shower for 10 days. As the days progressed, I grew more annoyed and just angry at everything around me. I needed that form of seclusion from the outside world. The moment that I had my cast off and I got to take a shower, my mood immediately lifted as I released my negativity and became calm. Next time you go to take a shower, try to consider what you are actually affecting.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

my earliest memory

why i said yes

collateral beauty